Public health officials have confirmed five Los Angeles County, residents have been exposed to a new local outbreak of measles. Four of those residents were in contact with an international visitor who had not been immunized from the virus.
Those who were exposed visited more than 30 locations mainly in Los Angeles and the South Bay area between Jan. 26 and Feb 1. officials report.
A full list of the locations visited by the confirmed cases:
- 1/26/2020: CVS Pharmacy, 11941 San Vicente Blvd., LA 90049, 8:30am-7:00pm
- 1/27/2020: Starbucks, 11707 San Vicente Blvd, LA 90049, 9:00am-11:15am
- 1/27/2020: Whole Foods, 11737 San Vicente Blvd., LA 90049, 9:15am-11:30am
- 1/27/2020: CVS Pharmacy, 11941 San Vicente Blvd., LA 90049, 6:30am-5:00pm
- 1/27/2020: Souplantation, 11911 San Vicente Blvd., Suite 116, LA 90049, 12:00pm-2:30pm
- 1/27/2020: Pinkberry Yogurt, 1612 Montana Ave., Santa Monica 90403, 6:45pm-9:00pm
- 1/28/2020: Starbucks, 11707 San Vicente Blvd, LA 90049, 9:00am-11:15am
- 1/28/2020: Starbucks, 11705 National Blvd., LA 90064, 12:45pm-3:30pm
- 1/28/2020: Starbucks, 2525 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica 90403, 9:30am- 12:00pm
- 1/28/2020: CVS Pharmacy, 11941 San Vicente Blvd., LA 90049, 6:30am-5:00pm
- 1/28/2020: Andy’s Liquor, 440 W. Manchester Blvd., Inglewood 90301, 8:28pm-11:00pm
- 1/28/2020: Kye’s, 1518 Montana Ave., Santa Monica 90403, 5:45pm-8:00pm
- 1/28/2020: Maca Salon and Permanent Makeup, 1779 Westwood Blvd., LA 90024, 3:45pm – 6:45pm
- 1/28/2020: Pinkberry Yogurt, 1612 Montana Ave., Santa Monica 90403, 6:05pm-8:30pm
- 1/29/2020: Whole Foods, 11737 San Vicente Blvd., LA 90049, 9:00am-11:10am
- 1/29/2020: Starbucks, 11707 San Vicente Blvd, LA 90049, 9:10am-11:15am
- 1/29/2020: Nishi Poke and Ramen Bistro, 2536 Overland Ave., LA 90064, 1:00pm-4:00pm
- 1/29/2020: Vicente Foods, 12027 San Vicente Blvd., LA 90049, 5:45pm-8:30pm
- 1/29/2020: United Oil 76 Gas Station (went inside office), 1776 Cloverfield Blvd., Santa Monica 90404, 8:15pm-10:30pm
- 1/30/2020: Starbucks, 11707 San Vicente Blvd, LA 90049, 9:00am-11:15am
- 1/30/2020: CVS Pharmacy, 11623 Rosecrans Ave., Norwalk 90650, 4:20pm-6:40pm
- 1/30/2020: New China Mongolian Barbeque Restaurant, 10001 Hawthorne Blvd., Inglewood 90304, 4:15pm- 7:30pm
- 1/30/2020: Red Wing Shoe Store, 18533 Hawthorne Blvd., Torrance 90504, 6:30pm-9:00pm
- 1/30/2020: Shu-Sushi House Unico, 2932 1⁄2 Beverly Glen Circle, Bel Air 90077, 7:30pm-11:30pm
- 1/30/2020: Yogurtland, 11706 San Vicente Blvd., LA 90049, 9:45pm-12:00am
- 1/31/2020: Starbucks, 11707 San Vicente Blvd, LA 90049, 9:00am-11:15am
- 1/31/2020: Starbucks, 2525 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica 90403, 9:23am-12:00pm
- 1/31/2020: Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurant, 6081 Center Dr., Suite 150, LA 90045 (part of Howard Hughes Center), 6:45pm- 9:15pm
- 1/31/2020: Westfield Century City Mall (Nordstrom’s and Gelson’s only), 10250 Santa Monica Blvd., LA 90067, 12:00pm-3:10pm
- 2/01/2020: Whole Foods, 11737 San Vicente Blvd., LA 90049, 12:20am-2:40pm
- 2/01/2020: Starbucks, 11707 San Vicente Blvd, LA 90049, 12:00pm-2:15pm
- 2/01/2020: Kreation Organic Café, 11754 San Vicente Blvd., LA 90049, 12:45pm-3:00pm
- 2/01/2020: Acai Nation, 11740 San Vicente Blvd., LA 90049, 1:05pm-3:15pm
Public officials have warned unvaccinated people or those with an unknown immunization status who visited the sites at the same date and times can be at risk of developing measles from seven to 21 days after exposure.
Those who were in those locations at the same time are advised to review their immunization and medical records to make sure they are protected against measles. They make sure to contact their healthcare providers as soon to inform them about potential exposure. People potentially exposed should also keep monitor themselves when the following symptoms occur: unexplained fever and or rash, cough, runny nose, red and watery eyes, all within seven to 21 days of exposure.
In the United States, more than 94% of kindergarten- age children are vaccinated against measles. However high nationwide percentages cover some troubling trends. Recently many have opted to not vaccinate their children for nonreligious, holistic reasons. Children under the age of 5, and adults older than the age of 20, pregnant women, and overall people with weakened immune systems are especially vulnerable.
If you are feeling any symptoms, please make sure to visit a Los Angeles Urgent Care Immediately for medical attention.