We see a spike in rashes when spring and summer hit because people come in contact with plant life, heat, and chemicals. Certain ingredients found in bug spray, sunscreen, detergent, fabrics, and lotions can cause rashes. Although usually self-treatable, there is a chance that a more severe rash will require a trip to our urgent care facility for rash treatment Los Angeles.
Rash Types and Symptoms
There are several different types of rashes and with them come unique symptoms, including:
- General Rashes – Red streaks, itching, and redness of the skin.
- Hives – Small, red bumps or a bigger, raised area on your skin.
- Blisters – Fluid-filled bumps that appear on your skin’s surface and look like bubbles.
- Heat Rash – Small red dots that look like small pimples. They usually appear on your shoulders, neck, or head.
Several different factors can cause each type of rash, such as:
- Heat rash – Hot weather can cause your sweat ducts to get clogged and result in swelling and itching skin.
- Poison oak, ivy, nettles, and sumac cause an itchy rash
- Stress can cause hives or a rash
- Nickel or chemicals in household products, cosmetics, and fabrics can cause rashes on many people
- Viral, bacterial, or parasitic infections can cause shingles, impetigo, and scabies
Avoid getting a rash by taking preventative measures. If you have a known allergy, it is best to limit contact with that substance, and any other chemicals and plants that are known to cause rashes.
Seek rash treatment Los Angeles if:
- The rash does not improve, go away, or worsens after self-treatment measures have been taken
- Symptoms cause extreme discomfort
- Other symptoms appear, such as illness, infection, or fever
- If your rash lasts for seven or more days
Call our medical facility at (213) 386-2511 or schedule an appointment online for rash treatment Los Angeles.